Also this Sunday, the National Park Service is hosting the 4th annual Kite Festival. The festival will be held on the grounds of San Felipe del Morro National Historic Site (El Morro). Starting at 10:00 a.m. and lasting until 4:00 p.m., the activity will offer a variety of activities, that is besides flying kites.
There will also be a contest for flying kites, classes for building your own kites, and presentations on the environment. For more information about the festival call (787) 729-6777.
To help you get prepared, I'm including a variety of links to perfect your kite flying technique:
- (How to) Go and Fly a Kite!
- How to Fly a Kite - wikiHow
- National Kite Month (Great for kids)
- How to Fly Kites: Kite Flying Tips & Techniques : How to Fly Fixed Bridle Foil Power Kites - While out of the question for most people, this is a pretty cool kite (and video).
- How to not fly a kite - finally, a little humor to lift your day...