I came across a nice little article from Anne Banas, a staff writer for SmarterTravel.com. I find here article refreshing because it offers, if you will, a different perspective of Puerto Rico than we usually accept. In her column "Escapes Under $500", she illustrates that, depending on where you live in the United States, it is possible to enjoy a nice four night stay in Puerto Rico for a very reasonable price. With luxury resorts like Palmas and El Conquistador (among many other really nice hotels), I'm afraid there is a general perception that Puerto Rico represents an expensive vacation. (And for just a few dollars more, you can visit can take a ferry to Blue Beach in Vieques, which is shown here...)
In the article, Banas points out the valuable new campaign by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company. The re-new Puerto Rico NOW promotion gives travelers $250 back upon check out, this is the same promotion used last year by the PRTC. To qualify you must:
- stay for four nights
- select a participating hotel (*)
- use the PRTC booking engine at gotoPuerto Rico.com
- travel before April 30th, 2008
- Book the trip before Jan 21st.
* Participating hotels include the Caribe Hilton, El Convento, Holiday Inn San Juan, Radisson Ambassador, San Juan Marriott and the Normandie Hotel in the San Juan metropolitan area; the Gran Melia and the Wyndham Rio Mar in the northeast; the Howard Johnson in Porta Caribe in the southern region, and the Rincon Beach Resort and Western Bay in the west in Porta del Sol.
Flickr Creative Commons Contributor Today: sandcastlematt